Full 5 axis CNC controller based on open source arduino technology ; They said it could not be done ! Yet , here it is …..
This universal controller was developed from the ground up to control a 5 axis foamcutter but can easily be switched to 2, 3 and 4 axis mode for any flavor of foamcutting or general purpose CNC machine. Because every line of code was built with 5 axes control in mind the controller is highly optimized to run complex machines with extreme precision.
- Run .gcode straight off of SD-card, no computer needed
- built from extremely tough laser-cut HDPE to last a lifetime
- open source hardware architecture like arduino and ramps 1.4
- simultaniously control 5 independent stepper motors
- run each axis in a choice of rotation axis / platform or linear movement
- 100 line buffering built-in for fast and jitter-free cutting
- rotaty encoder / pushbutton control for easy menu-settings
- on-the-fly independent temperature control – adjust any time
Simply feed 2, 3, 4 or 5 axis flavored .gcode into the controller to instantly turn them into precision concerted movements.
Each controller is pre-tested and pre-programmed for your convenience.
To make the most out of your controller :
- axes are called X , Y , U , V , A – set your processor accordingly
- set all .gcode to line segments – no I,J Arcs support
- all .gcode is assumed to be in millimeters / absolute coordinates