Controlling 5 independent axis using the standard Arduino platform has proven elusive for many years, but no more …. ! Now, the team behind Foamcube has developed a true 5-axes CNC controller running on an Arduino Mega. All code was developed in-house and written from the ground up !
Features of the arduino controller :
- good for linear and rotational axes
- all steps fired through interrupt service routines
- built-in gcode interpreter
- built-in speed control
- built-in PWM hotwire temperature control
- Runs stand-alone from SD card – no need for a computer !
- Runs through standard Serial Monitor
- Runs through many free third party gcode senders
- Processes a wide range of standardised .gcode
- will run with any stepper motor type up to 2.5 Amps per channel
Hex files for Beta-testing are now available upon request.